Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Go Ahead, Make My Day*


Helen, of Chronic Knitting Syndrome, made my day today by giving me a "You Make My Day Award." I'm excited way out of proportion. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love being a part of this incredible knitting community.

Having received this great honor, I am now bound to pass it along to ten other bloggers who regularly make my day. I'm to "give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times."So without further ado (and in alphabetical order):

A Wee Bit Obsessive - OK, so Hilary is my sister-in-law, and you might think there's a little nepotism going on here; but she'd make my day even if we weren't related by marriage. She's smart and funny, she knits beautiful things, and sometimes she posts photos of my adorable niece and nephew.

The AmpuTeehee - There's way more than knitting here. We laugh, we cry, sometimes there's knitting; always there's something to think about.

BrooklynTweed - I know, I know, I'm sure Jared's already received bunches of these awards. But I can't help myself.

Garn Boet - The Yarn Nest - Beautiful knits and fantastic photos of Maud's gorgeous Afghan hound, Ludde!

Jean's Knitting-It's like traveling abroad, to visit Jean's blog - Fantastic knitting, political and social commentary, glimpses into her daily life, and the ongoing saga of the Theo Gansey.

Knitting in the Great Basin -Posts are few and far between these days, as Frasera is a new mom. But it's worth the wait to see beautiful knits modeled on her most beautiful daughter.

One More Row -Another Alaskan knitter. I like hearing about life a little bit farther north, and I get a kick out of her "mom" stories. She also has two boys, though hers are considerably younger than mine. Oh, and the knitting!!

She Shoots Sheep Shots -Clever, funny, beautiful knits, and GORGEOUS photos. How could it NOT make my day? (For twice the fun, check out her second blog, Two Shear Spirits.)

Taoknitter2- Ann is multi-talented craft-wise, but I read her blog as much for the "diva stories" as the knitting content. With two boys in my house, it's refreshing to hear her, often humorous, take on mothering three daughters.

Why not? - KT's a kick, and now we're practically neighbors!

And because I'm loathe to post without a photo ...

Jojoland Melody sock yarn. Thanks to my enabler Hilary for making a yarn store stop with me on my way to the airport last week.




*Thanks, Clint!

6 comments:

Taoknitter said...

And you just made mine!! This is very cool! I am honored. Thankyou!

Unknown said...

Jeez, thanks. Sniff, sniff. I always love reading your blog, and am honored that you look at mine. Thanks for your kind comments about my baby.

Helen said...

"Smitten with mittens." I wish I'd thought of that.

kt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kt said...

>blushing<

Thanks, Kathy! You made mine right back!

Holly Jo said...

Wow! Thanks. My favorite thing about this - getting to learn about other cool people and their blogs. :)