Thursday, May 01, 2008

May Day

Slacker blogger though I may be, I still feel the urge to acknowledge my blogiversary. It's two years today since the birth of Knitting Weather!

Though I seem to be in a bit of a blogging slump, it's brought me enough pleasure these past two years that I'm not ready to let it go. Thank you to my band of faithful readers and commenters who have supported, encouraged, and inspired me along the way!

When last I posted about my knitting indecision, it felt very much like I was asking for knitterly permission to change course and rip out my Leaf and Trellis shawl beginnings. Or maybe it was like going to confession? At any rate, I felt free to rip away after that post and have since started a Shetland Triangle with the same lovely Zephyr yarn. This will be my second Shetland Triangle. I've thought about making one for myself ever since slipping that first one in the mail.

The pattern seems very simple this time around, so maybe I should try more complex lace before too long, but for now, this is perfect.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary! I am tempted to make that shawl, although me & triangular lace don't have good history. Maybe I can break through!Yours looks worth it.

AfternoonMoon said...

It has been a frog week here in Fairbanks as well. Congrats on taking that step to initiate the rip. Like a clearing of the mind, glad you included us.

May1 was my blogiversary as well. Only one year for me, congrats on the additional year you have on me!

Mary said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!!!

Happy Birthday too by the way (saw the ravelry birthday cake by your ravatar the other day)

Wishing you every happiness on both counts for the year to come.

Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary Kathy. I'm always glad to find a post here. Hope you will continue to blog. Beautiful shetland triangle start. Love the yarn you chose.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! The shawl is very pretty - gorgeous color.

Knitting Bandit said...

I'm glad you're going to stick around...even if it's a post once a month (that's about how often I get to my bloglines anyway!) I always look forward to clicking on Knitting Weather to see you beautiful photos of Alaska and your gorgeous knits. Thanks for that!

kt said...

Yay!

Happy Natal day to you and your blog! The shawl is yummy.

Keep up the good work. We relative newbie knitters love having beautiful work like yours to ogle and dream about...

Holly Jo said...

Happy blogiversary!

Knitting takes time - don't waste time on what you don't want to knit is my motto. Glad you ripped.

Helen said...

Happy Bloggiversary :) I'm not in a position to comment on others' knitting indecision, but I will say I don't think you can go wrong with a Shetland Triangle.

Hilary said...

Belated Happy Blogiversary AND Happy Birthday; I can't believe I didn't manage to wish you either of those on time. The shawl looks beautiful ...

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Happy Blogiversary!
PS...(sing this to, "It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To") It's my blog and I can blog if you want to.
Seriously. I hope you don't stop! Stretches of silence are fine!

Kim said...

A belated Happy Blogiversary! I enjoy reading your blog very much. I just passed my 2 year mark on the 12th of May and I too find myself in a bit of a slump. I just can't seem to externalize everything thats going on internally.