Thursday, February 21, 2008

If These Socks Could Talk...

They would probably grouse about being schlepped from place to place to place, on the chance that I might knit a round or two. They would tell you that I misplaced them for several months and had given up ever finding them, but then I did. They would tell you about the doctors' waiting rooms, movie theaters, and restaurants where they sat patiently in my lap; the soccer games where I clutched them in sweaty hands, but worked hardly a stitch.

However, they can't talk. They can just cover my feet in all of their lovely handknitted-ness and make me happy that I finally finished them.

Pattern: Thuja
Yarn: Nature's Palette in "Dark Indigo," a gift from Hilary ages ago ...
Needles: US # 1 dpns
Modifications/notes: The pattern was written for a heavier yarn, I just massaged the numbers a bit to work for a regular sock yarn. I cast on 56 stitches. I like my sock feet on the snug side.
The weird thing: I thought I couldn't wait to be done with these, and now I'm wondering what socks to make next ...

7 comments:

Hilary said...

Very purty!!!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Socks look great. Funny you should finish yours at the same time that mine go missing, though. Maybe they're in cahouts.

Anonymous said...

Looks comfy and gotta love the color. Socks are a bit down the road for me -- I'm scarf-stressing -- but here's to the dream someday! Thx for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Linda in Anchorage said...

Lovely things you've knit this winter. I haven't visited for a while, and just read all your posts back to December. Your winter in Juneau has been almost as cold as ours in Anchorage. My life has been really hectic this winter, and I haven't been on Ravelry in several months, but things are getting alittle better (I think), and I hope to put some project photos on soon and bring it up to date. It sounds like life is going well for you. and your photos of Juneau are great!

Anonymous said...

wow, socks?! They look great. I just finished a pair of thuja-inspired socks too, I love that stitch.

Anonymous said...

I have to ask as I am a shoe person what kind of clogs are you wearing? I love them! I love the socks as well!

We have a huge storm here today in Unalakleet. I am sure it has to due with the fact that the Iditarod will be here soon!