Saturday, June 24, 2006

Pretty In Pink

Don't be fooled by the sunlight on this hat. I finished knitting and photographed it while still in California. Skies are currently grey here in Juneau, Alaska, as they have been since we got back.

This hat is for my Team Alaska Chemo Cap project. Our hats will be going to the Cancer Connection here in Juneau.



Pink Hat With Ruffle Specs:
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport in Coral/Crystal Palace Waikiki for ruffle and flower garnish
Needles: US 3 (I used two addi circs)
Pattern: Just a basic hat, though I was pleased to work out the ruffle-y bit on my own

I love the way this hat looks sitting on the deck and the yarn is soft as butter. I can only hope it looks good on someone's head one day. I am so *NOT* a hat person, I am not a good judge.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

It's adorable! Someone is going to love it. Are the ruffle and flower knitted as part of it, or sewn/knitted on later?

Terhi said...

The hat is so cute, and I really like the ruffle, it looks so girly! :-)
Thank you for leaving such a nice comment in my blog! I was very pleased to find your blog. Alaska sounds so exotic to me – it has always been one the places I would love to visit, and now after seeing your beautiful photos I want to visit it even more! And please, be aware of the log cabin bug, it's bites really hard! :-D

Ketchikan Choc said...

Your ruffles and the flower add a lot to the hat. They make the hat special.

Anonymous said...

The hat is so sweet. It was great to see you Kathy. I continue to be inspired by you through your blog. I too am knitting socks with Claudia Hand Painted Yarn!