Sunday, July 06, 2008

Summertime And The Blogging Is Iffy

Back from a wonderful long weekend in beautiful Kelowna, BC where Max was playing in a soccer tournament. It was HOT, brutal for the soccer players, and a little bit much for the spectators, but a nice change from our cool Juneau weather. Kristie in Kamloops directed me to a GREAT yarn store, Art of Yarn. (Thanks, Kristie!) It was well stocked with lots of nice yarn, but I was suffering from my usual indecisiveness and left with nary a skein.

It might be just as well that I showed yarn-buying restraint as I will soon join my enablers family for a visit and we are sure to do some yarn store visiting. Anytime we gather, there is a frenzy of knitting related activity. This usually includes actual knitting as well as future project planning, yarn buying, helping - you name it!

This year, we going to be more directed; we're going to have an official knitting workshop! Other years I have encouraged my sisters to start projects, only to leave them on their own, with unfinished projects and great anxiety, at the end of our vacation. This year, I picked a project that could be completed in one week. I'm going to show them all (two sisters and a sister-in-law) how to make a Moebius Scarf a la Cat Bordhi. I'll share highlights of our Ticonderoga Knitting Retreat when I return.

In th meantime, I'm nearing the end of my top-down Tee shirt. It should make for good, mindless, travel knitting.

I hiked my shorts up so that this wouldn't turn into a midriff shot. At this point I probably still have 5-6 inches to go. But I'm ever hopeful that it will be finished soon!

5 comments:

Hilary said...

The beauty of your masthead picture is very distracting from the knitting, you know! All the more flattering that you are leaving there to come here ...

We are all very excited about the knitting workshop! Hope the instructor isn't too strict ... :)

Anonymous said...

Your family knitting workshop sounds like fun, what a wonderful idea. Have a great trip-

Anonymous said...

Ticonderoga sounds like great fun! Top-down-tee looks great (great color). Enjoy your trip!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Family knitting workshop! That's so great!

Have a fun trip.

Anonymous said...

Your Solstice photo is just beautiful!!! And the knitting workshop sounds like it will be a lot of fun.