Sunday, May 21, 2006

False Alarm

For a fraction of a nanosecond this morning, I thought I had made the Big Time. Lovely visions of fame and fortune flashed before my eyes. I imagined knocking the Yarn Harlot off the charts. I worried about what I could possible knit up in time for my first Letterman appearance. In my mind's eye, I engaged in witty repartee with Marie Irshad.

And then I discovered the reality of Spam Comments. 30 of 'em waiting to taunt and humiliate me. So dear readers (all 4 of you), I've enabled Word Verification. Please don't let it dampen your spirits. Comment. Comment early and comment often. I'll be waiting.

********************************************************

Only partly cloudy and dry all weekend. Temps hit the low 60's yesterday. I don't think Nick will be needing this scarf again for at least a few months.


Nick's Scarf
Yarn: Blue Sky sport weight Alpaca (3 skeins)
Needles: US 3
Pattern: Ann Norling Lace Scarf Pattern
Finished size: 6" x 70"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, all these comment spams are such a shame, what a horror it is to get them! Well done for enabling word verification, and as for me, I'll certainly not be bothered by it, I love commenting! :)
Your scarf is so lovely, what a wonderful color you chose for it, and I'm absolutely impressed by your neat, even knitting! The pattern is so beautiful too - that's truly a great piece that you did! Congrats!

Hilary said...

That happened to me last week too. Though I had no fears I'd hit the big time. :)
The scarf is gorgeous! I love the pattern. Is it hard?

Ketchikan Choc said...

Nick's scarf looks beautiful. You are quite a knitter.

Choc

Mini said...

Ahh the spammers. Amazing how fast they find you isnt' it? Sorry I haven't commented,been swamped with dad, but I have been reading! I am thinking of trying out that grey dying... how many packets did you use of each? it looks great! I don't make stripes... I usually handpaint.

Dropstitchknitter said...

Gorgeous. Just beautiful - love the pattern and the color you chose.